Would you like this job?
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide bus transportation to customers in assigned areas in accordance with company policies, observing all traffic laws and safety rules, and adhering to time schedules.
- Courteously and professionally interacts with customers, including loading mobility devices and escorting customers to and from curbside as required, answering inquiries en route, making general announcements of assistance to customers, issuing transfers, collecting correct fares and ensuring valid passes are presented, and arranging for passenger pick-up and drop-off as required.
- Complete a variety of vehicle and incident reports.
- Carry out emergency/accident procedures when required.
- Work largely without supervision
- Have basic knowledge of the mechanical systems of the bus
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to understand, speak, and write the language required by your employer e.g. English, French,
in order to communicate effectively with the traveling public and to report on incidents involving safety and/or service.
- Possess and appropriately use the required skills to
deal effectively with the public, including demonstrated skills in risk assessment, conflict resolution, problem solving
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to multi-task in a high risk environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good record-keeping skills
- Some mechanical skills
- Must hold a valid driver's licence, with a demonstrated record indicating safe and responsible vehicle operation
for a period of time in accordence with applicable provincial legislation and/or company policy e.g. five years.
- No criminal convictions or pending charges relating directly to the operator position.
- Must be capable, after on-the-job training, of holding the appropriate class of driver's
- Able to pass a comprehensive medical examination.
- Willing to work shifts, split shifts, seven day schedules, overnight travel, selected or assigned on a seniority and/or based on need/availability.
Next: Checking Myself